About New Kent Winery
New Kent Winery opened in 2008 after eight years of planning and construction. It is built using reclaimed antique materials including pre-Civil War brick, century old railroad trusses and heart pine beams from 1852.
We offer a tasting of seven exceptional wines created by our award winning winemaker, Tom Payette. The tasting features the 2011 Governor's Cup winner, our 2009 Reserve Chardonnay. We also invite guests to relax on one of our picturesque lounging porches and patios.
Hours of Operation
Tuesday - Sunday, 10am-6pm
Year round ~ Closed major holidays
No Reservations Required
Tasting Fee: $6.00 (includes tasting glass)
Tour Fee: $8.00 (includes tasting glass)
Well rounded creamy, yet youthfully aged.
• Barrel fermented and aged sur-lie in small premium oak barrels makes this well rounded creamy Virginia white wine unique to any other. Still extremely youthful despite its vintage. Recipient of the 2011 Governor's Cup.
• Pairing: Our Virginia Chardonnay Reserve white wine pairs beautifully with mild and flavorful cheeses and all types of veal, pork, poultry, seafood and cream sauce pasta main course dishes.
Fruit Forward, Balanced, Lively, And Expressive.
• Crispy acids remain due to a cool fermentation while in barrel. Lightly aged in oak and blended to be fruit forward. Balanced, lively and expressive of Chardonnay fruit ~ complimented by a touch of oak.
• Pairing: A versatile paring Virginia white wine to many cuisines including shellfish, salads, fruit and cheese platters, chicken dishes and vegetarian fare.
Clean, fruity and subtle white wine
• Cool stainless steel fermentation, after settling the juice clear, helped the wine retain its fruitiness. This impressive Virginia white wine is non-demanding and chic to enjoy on numerous occasions. Clean, fruity and subtle.
• Pairing: Our Virginia Vidal Blanc is a versatile paring white wine to many cuisines including shellfish, salads, fruit and cheese platters, chicken dishes and vegetarian fare.
« Back To Wineries Overview
Laborious blending reveals our vineyards best potential
• Small lots selected from our Virginia vineyard were fermented separately and made to their best potential. Laborious hours blending these selections (someone has to do it) revealed the exact quantities needed of each to make this evolved jewel.
• Pairing: Our Meritage® red wine pairs well with strong cheeses, red pasta sauce dishes and meats.
Hand selected with intense color, tannins, and flavors.
• Hand selected fruit crushed and allowed to warm during fermentation help this red wine with its intense color, tannins and flavors. Daily punching down of the cap (skins that rise to the top) help us extract the most from the very ripe fruit.
• Pairing: Our Virginia Merlot red wine pairs well with all tomato based pasta dishes and red meats are the perfect pairing our Merlot.
• A truly white wine made from the red Merlot grape.
A complex white wine made from red grapes which exudes citrusy pineapple, fresh pomegranate and mandarin orange flavors.
• Pairing: An easy, fun and balanced wine that pairs well with spicy fare, sharp cheeses, white sauces, chicken dishes and fish, either broiled or blackened.
A truly white wine made from the red Merlot grape. The White Merlot is a complex, semi-sweet white wine that exudes citrusy pineapple, fresh pomegranate and mandarin orange flavors.
Pairing: An easy, fun and balanced wine that pairs well with spicy fare, sharp cheeses, white sauces and fish, either broiled or blackened.
Proprietary fashioned but extraordinarily complex
• This unique Virginia rosé wine was gently handled in a proprietary fashion unlike any other Virginia winery has done. Cool fermentation in stainless steel and blending finesse has made this light Virginia rosé wine extraordinarily complex and sought after.
• Pairing: Our Virginia "White Norton" rosé wine should be served chilled as an aperitif, or as an excellent accompaniment to picnic and barbecue, seafood, poultry, ham, and spicy ethnic cuisines including pizza and tacos.