Irish Cider: Premiums, Perries and Ports
Friday, March 13, 2020
6:00pm - 7:00pm
There is a story in Irish cider today. Join Courtney for the third workshop in a series that explores different themes in the region's cidermaking tradition and introduces unique approaches by individual Irish cidermakers.
The SOLD OUT Premiums, Perries, and Ports workshop will highlight very rare products intended to recast Irelend's perception of its cider brands as a high-end and high-value added. This workshop featured Irish perries, apple wines, and ... a surprise or two. Blue Bee Cider's take on the theme and Irish cheeses will add context to the experience.
Ciders discussed will include:
- Longways, Elderflower-infused cider
- Blue Bee Cider, Fanfare, wild mulberry-infused cider
- Llewellyn's Orchard, Perry blend of Conference, Beech Hill, Durondeau and small amounts of other pears
- Cider Mill Slane, Perry blend of Plant de Blanc and Poire de Cloche.
- Tawny, Dry-hopped apple port
- Blue Bee Cider, Harvest Ration
- Surprises TBA at the workshop :)
Photo: Espalier pears, Powerscourt, Co. Wicklow, 2019
Other Events Hosted by this Winery
03/18/2020 6:00 PM
Cider, Cheese, and Charcuterie Workshop
03/21/2020 11:00 AM
Blending Workshop: Trifecta
03/28/2020 2:00 PM
Bench Grafting for Beginners
04/03/2020 6:00 PM
Vertical Tasting: Hewe's Crab
1320 Summit Ave
Richmond, VA 23230
Blue Bee Cider
© Copyright Virginia Wine 2020. All Rights Reserved.
Terms & Conditions