About the Virginia Wineries Association
Formed in 1983, the Virginia Wineries Association (VWA) grew out of the desire by owners of Virginia wineries to create a wine community that shared ideas and resources to the benefit of everyone in the Virginia wine industry. As a non-profit trade organization, the VWA advocates on behalf of the industry in a number of areas.
- The VWA promotes viticulture and vintner practices that ensure the highest quality wine production among its member-wineries.
- Education about Virginia wines and appreciation for their distinctive qualities among consumers are ongoing initiatives of the VWA.
- As a trade organization, the VWA helps develop increased market share for Virginia wines.
- The VWA supports continued research into the relationship between wine and health.
- A thriving wine industry is a growing one, so the VWA favors the industry's continued expansion statewide
Board of Directors
Mitzi Batterson, President
James River Cellars Winery
Lyn Thompson, Vice-President
Pete Johns, Secretary
New Kent Winery
Geoffery Cooper, Treasurer
Ann Heidig, Past President
Lake Anna Winery
Joan Bieda (alt: Dennis Horton)
Horton Cellars Winery
Prince Michel Vineyard & Winery
Chateau Morrisette Winery
Cave Ridge Vineyard
Barrel Oak Winery
Justin RoseRosemont of Virginia Winery
To learn more about the VWA and to sign up for their newsletter, visit www.vawine.org.