About the Virginia Wineries Association
Formed in 1983, the Virginia Wineries Association (VWA) grew out of the desire by owners of Virginia wineries to create a wine community that shared ideas and resources to the benefit of everyone in the Virginia wine industry. As a non-profit trade organization, the VWA advocates on behalf of the industry in a number of areas.
- The VWA promotes viticulture and vintner practices that ensure the highest quality wine production among its member-wineries.
- Education about Virginia wines and appreciation for their distinctive qualities among consumers are ongoing initiatives of the VWA.
- As a trade organization, the VWA helps develop increased market share for Virginia wines.
- The VWA supports continued research into the relationship between wine and health.
- A thriving wine industry is a growing one, so the VWA favors the industry's continued expansion statewide
Board of Directors
Justin Rose, President
Rosemont of Virginia Winery
Michael Kimball, Vice-President
Cindi Causey, Secretary
Potomac Point Winery
Mitzi Batterson, Treasurer
James River Cellars
Horton Cellars Winery
Lake Anna Winery
Early Mountain Vineyards
Granite Heights Winery
Stone Tower Winery
Paradise Springs Winery
To learn more about the VWA, visit www.vawine.org.