For the first time ever, we are pleased to announce that the 2022 Virginia Governor’s Cup® Celebration will be open to the public. This one-of-a-kind, annual event offers a unique chance to taste the top Virginia wines produced across the Commonwealth in one evening.
Date: Thursday, March 24, 2022
Time: 5 - 7 p.m. Doors open at 4:30 p.m.
Location: Main Street Station, 1500 E Main St., Richmond, VA 23219
Tickets are on sale now— learn more details below or visit here to secure your seat.
Early Bird General Admission (ends Feb. 13th) : $200
Regular General Admission: $250
- Taste 50+ gold medal-winning wines from the 2022 Governor’s Cup® competition.
- Sample a variety of bites and fares prepared by local chefs.
- Witness the unveiling of this year’s Governor’s Cup® Case, Cup & Best in Show Cider winners.
- Participate in an auction hosted by the V Foundation with proceeds going towards cancer research.
VIP Admission: $600
- Entry to a fully catered VIP tasting lounge, including meet and greet with Governor’s Cup® Case-winning winemakers and special pourings.
- Intimate post-event vintner dinner at Common House Richmond featuring a multi-course tasting menu paired with the 2022 Governor’s Cup® winners, guided by the winemakers themselves. Transportation provided.
- Exclusive Winery Passport: Complimentary tastings for ticket holders and a guest at each of the Virginia Governor’s Cup® Case winning wineries valid through 12/31/2022.
- Preferred seating during the awards reveal of the Virginia Governor’s Cup® winners.
- VIP Parking.
The Virginia Governor's Cup® is one of the most stringent competitions in the U.S. Each year, world-class judges gather to sample hundreds of the best Virginia wines. The highest 12-ranking red and white wines will become the Governor's Cup® Case, with one bottle taking home the coveted Governor's Cup®. For the second year, Best in Show Cider will be awarded. The competition is hosted by the Virginia Wineries Association, in partnership with the Virginia Wine Board and the Virginia Vineyards Association.
Learn more, here.