Join us for the second annual public Virginia Governor’s Cup® Celebration on February 23, 2023 at Main Street Station in Richmond, VA. This one-of-a-kind event offers a unique chance to taste the top Virginia wines produced across the Commonwealth all in one evening.
Tickets are now on sale. Purchase your tickets today!
- Thursday, February 23, 2023
- Richmond Main Street Station
- 6:00 - 9:00 PM
- Taste ALL the gold medal-winning wines from the 2023 Governor’s Cup® competition.
- Experience local flavors and culinary delights prepared by top Virginia chefs and producers.
- Witness the unveiling of this year’s Governor’s Cup® Case, Cup & Best in Show Cider winners.
- Participate in an auction hosted by the V Foundation with proceeds going towards cancer research. Featuring exclusive experiences and one-of-a-kind items!
- Early access to the event beginning at 5 p.m.
- Entry to the exclusive VIP tasting lounge throughout the evening.
- Speciality pairing bites to accompany Governor’s Cup® Case-winning wines prepared by MannyEats
- Local cheese and charcuterie prepared by Sarah Adduci of Belmont Butchery
- Hand-crafted dessert pairings
- Pours of rare wines from case-winning wineries
- Led by VIP Host, Lance Lemon, RichWine & Penny’s Wine Shop
- Winery Passport: Complimentary, elevated tastings for ticket holders and a guest at each of the Virginia Governor’s Cup® Case winning wineries valid through 12/31/2023.
- Virginia Wine swag & souvenir Governor’s Cup Riedel wine glass
- Access to a premiere auction item sponsored by the V Foundation.
- Preferred seating during the awards reveal of the Virginia Governor’s Cup® winners.
About the Competition
The Virginia Governor's Cup® is one of the most stringent competitions in the U.S. Each year, world-class judges gather to sample hundreds of the best Virginia wines. The highest 12-ranking red and white wines will become the Governor's Cup® Case, with one bottle taking home the coveted Governor's Cup®. Best in Show Cider will also be awarded to the highest-scoring cider. The competition is hosted by the Virginia Wineries Association, in partnership with the Virginia Wine Board and the Virginia Vineyards Association.