Date: Thursday, March 24, 2022
Time: 5 - 7 p.m.
Location: Main Street Station, 1500 E Main St., Richmond, VA 23219
Join us for an evening of community, outstanding wine, culinary delights and one-of-a-kind auction items. Taste award-winning Virginia wines, while also honoring the resilience of the farmers and winemakers who grow and craft them across our Commonwealth. You’ll be in the audience as the results of the 39th Virginia Governor’s Cup® competition are unveiled.
Proceeds of the event will go toward cancer research through the V Foundation. The V Foundation for Cancer Research was founded in 1993 by ESPN and the late Jim Valvano, legendary North Carolina State University basketball coach and ESPN commentator. Since 1993, the foundation has funded more than $290 million in cancer research grants nationwide.
Tickets are on sale now— learn more details below or visit here to secure your seat.
Early Bird General Admission (ends Feb. 13th) : $200
Regular General Admission: $250
- Attendance at the awards reveal of the Virginia Governor’s Cup® winners.
- Full access to the signature walkaround grand tasting featuring 50+ gold medal wines, local fares and V Foundation auction.
VIP Admission: $600
- Preferred event parking and seating during the awards reveal.
- Full access to the grand tasting area featuring 50+ gold medal wines, local fares and V Foundation auction.
- Admission to a fully catered VIP tasting lounge, including meet and greet with Governor’s Cup® Case-winning winemakers and special pourings.
- Intimate post-event vintner dinner at Common House Richmond featuring a multi-course tasting menu paired Governor’s Cup® Case-winning wines and Best in Show Cider, guided by the winemakers themselves. Transportation to and from will be provided.
- Exclusive Winery Passport: Complimentary tastings for ticket holder and a guest at each of the Virginia Governor’s Cup® Case winning wineries valid through 12/31/2022.
About the Competition
The Virginia Governor's Cup® is one of the most stringent competitions in the U.S. Each year, world-class judges gather to sample hundreds of the best Virginia wines. The highest 12-ranking red and white wines will become the Governor's Cup® Case, with one bottle taking home the coveted Governor's Cup®. For the second year, Best in Show Cider will be awarded. The competition is hosted by the Virginia Wineries Association, in partnership with the Virginia Wine Board and the Virginia Vineyards Association.
Learn more, here.