About the Virginia Wineries Association
Formed in 1983, the Virginia Wineries Association (VWA) grew out of the desire by owners of Virginia wineries to create a wine community that shared ideas and resources to the benefit of everyone in the Virginia wine industry. As a non-profit trade organization, the VWA advocates on behalf of the industry in a number of areas.
- The VWA promotes viticulture and vintner practices that ensure the highest quality wine production among its member-wineries.
- Education about Virginia wines and appreciation for their distinctive qualities among consumers are ongoing initiatives of the VWA.
- As a trade organization, the VWA helps develop increased market share for Virginia wines.
- The VWA supports continued research into the relationship between wine and health.
- A thriving wine industry is a growing one, so the VWA favors the industry's continued expansion statewide
Board of Directors
George Hodson, President